An online business will only gain momentum when online merchants, marketers, vendors, make the most out of SEO—succeeding online calls for not neglecting sales at any cost.
Almost 65% of marketers say that for inbound marketing, their main focus is always on SEO. The best way to achieve this is through an SEO audit.
This is a procedure that offers you the best insight into your online website, overall traffic & individual pages.
Enhancing performance with an SEO audit is easier as it allows websites to rank better in search engines. Let us learn how to conduct a free SEO audit in 30 minutes. Steps are as follows:
The first thing to tick off in the SEO audit checklist for ecommerce development company is to seek out the top significant terms of the concerned prospect’s business in their respective target city.
By this, you will learn about the present position & rankings in the search engines.
Also, you will learn if there is any return of a local pack. In case the results are organic, the business is more suitable for an SEO campaign that is organic instead of a local campaign.
When running an SEO audit for websites, one of the best tips to follow is using the incognito browser. The location must be set to the business’s city for attaining results that are precisely the representation of the current rankings. It must not be biased towards the user’s account & preceding browsing history.
Moving forward with a free SEO audit in 30 minutes calls for assessing whether the business has a “local intent” or not. Organic campaigns can largely gain from local SEO, but the implementation & the emphasis of the campaigns can differ greatly.
This is the space where you will know whether the prospect is correct to fit for your respective services or not. In case you get no as an answer, you do not need to go ahead with this audit.
Google My Business (GMB) Page
Search the city & name of the business in Google and check whether Google My Business profile displays results.
If there are no results displayed, there might be no listing. And you might need to claim your business or create an account.
Run a quick review of the business’s GMB page, and you can evaluate their page health. By this, you can discover concerns like inadequately chosen categories, listing not popping up, and spammy description.
Run the ultimate SEO audit by searching the answers to these questions.
- Whether the description is user-friendly & compelling or not?
- Whether the description is spammed with the use of keywords? Though the description field is not considered in the ranking algorithm, but is indeed checked in the spam filter of Google.
- Whether the primary category resonates with the business or not?
- Has the business linked too many categories with listing? The removal of some not so important categories can lead to enhancements in the rankings of the primary category.
- Are there any photos or social posts?
Learn the benefits of having a GMB listing.
Reviewing the company website
Performing an eCommerce SEO audit is very important. Reviewing the company website will offer you clarity about the stage in which the client is presented in the context of the local SEO funnel. By this, you will understand what their campaign needs to take; if they require a few minor updates or an entire overhaul, etc.
- How much would you like to rate the homepage content? Are the keywords spammy or stuffed?
- Are there particular content pages allocated for the company’s products or services? Whether the content is informative or spammy?
- Does the title tag of the homepage include location, keywords & brand?
- Are the name, address, and phone number situated in the header or footer? Has it been correctly Schema marked?
- Anything to say about the structure of the website?
- Whether the website has a blog or not? Is the blog active?
- Does the website list all their social networks?
- Whether the website is built it WordPress or not
Before submitting the on-page audit report, it is important to check the social channels for analyzing how they are doing.
- Which are the networks they work with?
- Which are the networks that are missing but should be there?
- How active are the networks?
- Do the networks consist of engaged followers?
A backlink audit report can only be made when you evaluate the health of the present backlink profile.
- Assess their backlinks
- What is the total amount of backlink count?
- Recoding the amount of linking root domains
- Is the anchor text, including commercial terms, or seems natural?
- Glancing at referring domains is important too. Check whether there is a pattern by visiting a few websites. Check whether there are paid links, blog comments, and link directories.
Getting hands-on a correct SEO on-page technical audit report calls for analyzing the citations. It is extremely vital as it has a direct impact on local rankings. The presence of a clear cut citation profile, precise listings, and no duplicates is very important.
Many local citation finders can be used to run the prospect’s main phone number or other numbers listed on their website & even their Google My business profile.
The search results will tell you which citations they are carrying and whether they are listed on important websites.
Check The Off-site SEO
SEO success largely depends on backlinks. This is the best way of letting Google know that; your website page is specifically relevant and also will be useful for other users.
Getting hands-on off-page audit reports is very important as you must know that crawlers do not just look for hyperlinks in off-site search engine optimization.
Your website can also be crawled for the purpose of brand mentions. It is of utmost importance to focus both on the happenings of off and on-page SEO.
SEO Audit & Its Key Elements
If you are set to perform an ultimate SEO audit, learning about the three key factors is important.
- Outside references & link quality
- Back-end factors like indexing & hosting
- Front-end factors like keywords, metadata, content, etc
Many times you won’t find the time for addressing every pain point. The portion that your incoming traffic essentially sees is the most vital part of the website’s SEO. But it will not happen if the website is not mobile-friendly.
As the mobile-first index algorithm has been introduced, you need to ensure that you understand correctly how the website performs on smartphones for guaranteeing proper ranking on SERPs.
Head Start On The Various Campaigns
A free SEO audit in 30 minutes not only offers you a robust understanding of the kind of assistance a particular business needs with the local SEO but also gives you an insight into the work which will be included in the campaign.
I’m Manan Ghadawala, and I’m the founder of 21Twelve Interactive, which is one of the best mobile app development company in India and the USA. I’m an idealistic leader with a lively management style and thrives, raising the company’s growth with his talents. I’m an astounding business professional with astonishing knowledge and applies artful tactics to reach those imaginary skies for my clients. My company is also recognized by the Top Mobile App Development Companies. Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn